Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Birthday

Really all I wanted for my birthday was for my parents to visit. My mom flew in the morning of Valentine's Day. That afternoon she watched the kids while John and I went to the temple, to Best Buy to buy my birthday present (an iPod Nano), and then to dinner at Macaroni Grill. Sunday morning she made my favorite chicken pot pie while I finished preparing my young women's lesson. We picked up my dad from the airport on the way to church. That night John helped my mom edit and publish a book that she wrote about my grandfather.

My 35th b-day was on President's Day. It is a holiday for most people, but the kids had school and John had work. My parents went with me to Tessa's school and then took us to Panera bread for lunch. We spent a few hours shopping before I had to take them back to the airport. I was so grateful to celebrate my birthday with them!

For my present from the kids I asked them to help me throw away ten things of theirs that they don't use anymore (preferably stuffed animals). The kids are on midwinter break this week so we spent today cleaning out closets and drawers. I now have six full bags ready to give to Good Will, and four bags for the garbage. I couldn't ask for a better gift! The kids are so confused how throwing things away can make me so happy. I promise them more fun the rest of their week off...movies, museum, swimming.