Sunday, February 22, 2015

February Happenings

https://farm9.static.flickr.com/8593/15987658144_c13f2219f3.jpg

The High School drama class wrote, directed and acted in "One Act Plays” on Feb 5th and 6th.  James is in the class where all semester they have been working towards this performance.  

James directed a play called “Addiction” about a boy so addicted to tech (phones, computers..) that he had a hard time connecting to the real world. 

James wrote a play called “Under Pressure.”  Synopsis: "An extrovert and an introvert are inadvertently trapped in an elevator in Paris.  While they both want out, NOW, each, unwittingly, has something to offer the other."  Playwright’s note: “On the surface, people may seem one way, but when under pressure, often reveal a side of themselves that they had never intended anyone to see.  Suddenly a door opens before them, a new perspective establishes itself and choices are offered.

Emma acted in a play called “The Way Out” where she played a women abused by her boyfriend and discovers courage and strength from a homeless man on a park bench.

Both James and Emma were in one of the plays called “Breathe” about a high school senior caught between her passion for the arts and her dad’s pressure for accedemics.

It was a pretty intense night of performances with deep themes.  We were impressed with all the creative work!

 

I am not crafty and can’t remember the last time I used a hot glue gun.  I was invited to a wreath-making party where I began making two wreaths.  They took a lot of time so I was grateful that Eliza wanted to help me finish them. 

https://farm9.static.flickr.com/8617/16583868056_3a4a5d9d1b.jpg

https://farm9.static.flickr.com/8673/16422825360_25f8ecd169.jpg

https://farm9.static.flickr.com/8664/16402547717_53c9cfb2e6.jpg

This wreath is in my bedroom.  I was happy with how it turned out.

https://farm9.static.flickr.com/8605/16422822770_65295f7c0f.jpg

This wreath I will hang up for Birthdays!

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8677/16622422862_356bd6cacf.jpg

This picture was taken at a branch Valentine progressive dinner.  I am wearing the scarf that Heather sent me for my birthday!  When I opened her package I couldn't help but cry when I held the scarf.  My mom would always give me something pink or red for my birthday.  Mom said Valentine's colors always reminded her of me.  Heather’s package was such a fun surprise for me and she said she could feel mom’s influence when putting the package together.  Not hearing my mom’s voice on my birthday was very hard.  I know she is near…we all miss her so much.