Saturday, August 22, 2015

Summer in Michigan

While Emma and James were in Utah for camps — Eliza, Tessa and I joined John in Michigan for a week.  John worked hard at the office all week, but had time to play with us in the evenings.  Monday night we had dinner with the Dyals.  We spent Wednesday evening at the park with Paul and Jenny and their kids.  They picked up Costco pizzas and other yummy foods for a relaxing picnic.  We were grateful for time with them before the reunion.  Thursday night John and I had a date night at Outback Steak house and we went to the movies at a classic theater in Plymouth.  We met the Daltons and the Nicols at the Detroit temple on Friday night.  That afternoon we met up at Greenfield village with the Pour family (friends from Shanghai).  Throughout the week we had eye doctor and well-child appointments.  But to be honest I spent a lot of that week doing Zumba with my friend Dede Dalton, while Eliza and Tessa played with Dede’s daughter.  I team taught a few classes with Dede and we also choreographed seven songs together.

IMG_0807

Paul, John and the kids playing volleyball at the park.

IMG_3374

Tessa and Grace Pour at Greenfield Village (Grace is going through a similar treatment right now that Tessa went through with JDM.  They are a great support to each other!)

IMG_3397

The Nicols and Daltons

IMG_3399

Two weeks after surgery a few of Tessa’s stitches split open.  I was worried it was infected so took her to the pediatrician.  She helped me clean it and told me to keep it clean and dry for another two weeks.  

IMG_3394