Saturday, August 8, 2009

James' birthday

I've blogged about our two vacations this summer, now it's time to blog about what we did in between those vacations.

James turned 9 in July. Last year he had a friends' party so this year's celebration was more low key. Traditional pancakes in the morning (gluten free of course!). The kids and I attended "Tuesdays are Terrific" in the park, where they had two very hilarious comedians. They called James up to be in one of their acts and kept calling him "the birthday boy." I took him to BD's Mongolian BBQ for lunch. We met some friends at the movie theater to see the newest Ice-Age movie. He spent the rest of the evening playing with his friend Luke, ate his favorite meal for dinner, opened presents and ended the day with cake and ice cream. Maybe that didn't sound too low key but it was much easier on me then planning a party!