Sunday, February 7, 2010

Mother-Son Date Night

Is that gluten free lasagna?


James has the best attitude about eating gluten free food. He never complains.

I have two friends, Susan and Amy, who also have children with Celiac. They are great to let me know whenever they find a new gluten free food, they email me the recipes they have success with, they include me on their bulk mail orders of gluten free flour, and they call to tell me when they find a restaurant that serves GF food.

They recently told me about Giulio's Italian Restaurant (in Livonia, MI). James and I went last night (2/5/10) for a mother-son date. I almost started crying when they brought out a bread basket for me and one for him. He asked our waitress twice, "Are you sure this bread is gluten free?" He couldn't decide if he wanted the lasagna or pizza -- so we ordered both! It was a fancy place with white table cloths, candles, dim lights, and a live band. We had a great time, interesting conversation about school and friends, and he made me laugh when he said, "This will be a great restaurant to take my girlfriends to on dates." The bill was $50 so I told him he better get a job first.

Posted by Picasa