Monday, February 22, 2010

Who loves February?


I helped at Eliza's class Valentine Party. We tied three friendship blankets for Haiti. The kids were excited to be able to do a craft that would help others. We took the blankets to the Red Cross. We also had ice-cream sundaes and played bingo with conversation hearts. Second graders are my favorite!

I found fun (cheap) Valentines gifts for everyone at Marshalls.


Valentine's Day - ham dinner.


My 36th b-day!


Everybody hates February. It is the month of massive snow fall. It is the month with the highest depression rates. Doom and gloom. But not for me, I love this month!! I love Valentine's Day, Presidents Day, the Chinese New year and celebrating my birthday all month long. This year is the year of the Tiger (which is the same as the year I was born, so extra good luck this year!). And an extra bonus this February, the winter Olympics (which we have been loving!!).

I have great friends that took me out to dinner for my b-day on Saturday and Wednesday night. John made me dinner and bought me an artisan bread cookbook and promised to make me homemade bread at least once a week (so far he is keeping his word). I got 36 face book messages that made me smile (thought that was cool since I turned 36). I got phone calls and cards that brightened my day. I had friends who brought me chocolate, cupcakes, and cookies. And I got my favorite flavor of ice-cream cake. Who wouldn't love February?

The kids had a whole week off last week for midwinter break and we had a nice week full of playing, working, celebrating and going to the movies.
Posted by Picasa