How do we feel about our upcoming move to Shanghai this August?
John - Over the moon EXCITED! And that might be an understatement.
Laurel - It feels right. I'm excited too, but trying not to FREAK OUT with the things on my "to do" list.
Emma - Positive, smiling, steady. She trusts her dad. "Hey, does this mean I get my own room...hmmm, what about a cell phone and a laptop?" Work it Emma, dad is in a good mood!
James - Boundless energy, excitement and questions. He is so easy with transitions. I love having a kid that will eat anything and live anywhere without complaint.
Eliza - Can't wait to get her hands on a violin. And thinks school uniforms are cute.
Tessa, "China? Can I bring my Pollys?"
Laurel - It feels right. I'm excited too, but trying not to FREAK OUT with the things on my "to do" list.
Emma - Positive, smiling, steady. She trusts her dad. "Hey, does this mean I get my own room...hmmm, what about a cell phone and a laptop?" Work it Emma, dad is in a good mood!
James - Boundless energy, excitement and questions. He is so easy with transitions. I love having a kid that will eat anything and live anywhere without complaint.
Eliza - Can't wait to get her hands on a violin. And thinks school uniforms are cute.
Tessa, "China? Can I bring my Pollys?"
John came home from work one evening in February with a big smile "asking" if he could interview for a Ford position in Shanghai. He got the job late March. A few weeks after Easter all the papers were signed and we were given the green light to start our move in hopes to be there the first week in August. Now my life is a whirlwind!
We put our house on the market on May 7th. In six days we had 17 showings and two offers. We accepted one of the offers and it is pending. Next week is the appraisal and inspection.
After church, on Mother's Day, we ate sandwiches at the park since we had five scheduled showings. Finally at 6pm we were allowed back in the house and John grilled chicken and corn on the cob.
My sister, Heather, and her two young boys came on May 12th. She has agreed to watch our kids while John and I go on our week long pre-trip to Shanghai. Heather and her boys will stay for about three weeks. It is fun to have them here.
Thursday-Friday we had a garage sale. We made $600 on our junk -- so felt good about it! But garage sales are too much work and I promise this is my last one.
Saturday we drove up to Midland for our Beth's baptism. She looked beautiful. It was a wonderful day full of family and good food. I wish I would have taken pictures.
We put our house on the market on May 7th. In six days we had 17 showings and two offers. We accepted one of the offers and it is pending. Next week is the appraisal and inspection.
After church, on Mother's Day, we ate sandwiches at the park since we had five scheduled showings. Finally at 6pm we were allowed back in the house and John grilled chicken and corn on the cob.
My sister, Heather, and her two young boys came on May 12th. She has agreed to watch our kids while John and I go on our week long pre-trip to Shanghai. Heather and her boys will stay for about three weeks. It is fun to have them here.
Thursday-Friday we had a garage sale. We made $600 on our junk -- so felt good about it! But garage sales are too much work and I promise this is my last one.
Saturday we drove up to Midland for our Beth's baptism. She looked beautiful. It was a wonderful day full of family and good food. I wish I would have taken pictures.
