Dance Recital
I had mixed emotions at the dance recital. I was sad that John missed it but grateful my parents came to support the girls. We have had some good years at this dance studio. The stress of moving felt really heavy on me that day.
Emma is so natural and comfortable on the stage. The recital wasn't a hard day for her because she knew she still had a week in Myrtle Beach with her dance friends. Eliza danced her heart out and looked fantastic. When I was helping her change out of her last costume she said, "Whew, I never have to put on dance shoes again." I couldn't tell if that was because her jazz shoes had been too tight for the last few months or if she really never wants to dance again. I have loved being her teacher and having that time with her the last two years. She loves the social aspect and the music but hasn't always had her heart in the dancing. This was Tessa's first time performing on the stage and she loved it. I actually started crying a little backstage during her dance just watching her radiate joy. And then I was proud of James for being a patient, complimentary brother.
I had mixed emotions at the dance recital. I was sad that John missed it but grateful my parents came to support the girls. We have had some good years at this dance studio. The stress of moving felt really heavy on me that day.
Emma is so natural and comfortable on the stage. The recital wasn't a hard day for her because she knew she still had a week in Myrtle Beach with her dance friends. Eliza danced her heart out and looked fantastic. When I was helping her change out of her last costume she said, "Whew, I never have to put on dance shoes again." I couldn't tell if that was because her jazz shoes had been too tight for the last few months or if she really never wants to dance again. I have loved being her teacher and having that time with her the last two years. She loves the social aspect and the music but hasn't always had her heart in the dancing. This was Tessa's first time performing on the stage and she loved it. I actually started crying a little backstage during her dance just watching her radiate joy. And then I was proud of James for being a patient, complimentary brother.
Eliza and her tap dancing friends
My parents had come the Friday before. The weather was beautiful for a walk around the neighborhood. They took James to his swim lessons Saturday morning then spent the afternoon shopping with the kids for their b-day presents (all four have summer b-days). James picked out some lego sets that he immediately started to put together. And the girls looked cute in their new "I love Dancing" PJ's.
Piano Recital
All three kids have come a long way with their piano. I was proud of them at the recital on June 13th. Their teacher, Ginger Bitter, has been very encouraging to them and we are sad to leave her.
Eliza's Writing Celebration
We were invited to attend Eliza's 2nd grade, end of year, writing celebration. That night she shared all of the things she had written throughout the school year and a PowerPoint presentation she had assembled in the computer lab. She is a very talented artist, too. Today in Primary her teacher asked the class to tell how they can serve their family. Eliza replied, "I can draw them a picture."
Scouts
John returned just in time for James' pack meeting. James completed all the requirements and earned the Bear award. He also received several arrow points. He had a great time at day camp (June 28th-July 1st) 8-4pm. I was able to help the first day and was impressed that he was kind and a good leader to his friends. His favorite things to do were bb guns and archery.
Bear Pin
Sold our House
The morning of June 17th we closed on our home. We continue "having occupancy" and will officially hand over the keys on July 22nd. Since we no longer own the home the new owners are taking over. They have already planted 56 trees in the yard and had the whole outside painted. I am trying to be patient with them, but it is hard and I catch myself mumbling under my breath, "Can you not wait until July 22nd?" James tries to put it in perspective for me, "Mom, they are just so excited to get our great house."
Emma's Talent Show
A few months ago Emma tried out for the middle school talent show. She sang "The Wizard and I" from the musical Wicked. She was thrilled when she made the cut. The talent show took place during school the morning we closed on our home so John had already taken a 1/2 day off of work. We went over to the school, where it was standing room only. She did a great job and didn't even look nervous performing in front of the entire student body and staff.
The morning of June 17th we closed on our home. We continue "having occupancy" and will officially hand over the keys on July 22nd. Since we no longer own the home the new owners are taking over. They have already planted 56 trees in the yard and had the whole outside painted. I am trying to be patient with them, but it is hard and I catch myself mumbling under my breath, "Can you not wait until July 22nd?" James tries to put it in perspective for me, "Mom, they are just so excited to get our great house."
Emma's Talent Show
A few months ago Emma tried out for the middle school talent show. She sang "The Wizard and I" from the musical Wicked. She was thrilled when she made the cut. The talent show took place during school the morning we closed on our home so John had already taken a 1/2 day off of work. We went over to the school, where it was standing room only. She did a great job and didn't even look nervous performing in front of the entire student body and staff.
