On Thursday Emma and I attended Young Women’s New Beginnings. In Shanghai our New Beginnings is at the beginning of a school year, not the calendar year. Because Emma is a new beehive I got to introduce her:
Emma was born in Orem, Utah. She was a happy baby doing everything right on time. I’m glad I had more kids or I would have thought parenting babies and toddlers was a piece of cake. When she was two she insisted on watching the movie Beauty and the Beast everyday for an entire year. She is a good student and plays the piano. She loves to sing and dance. She likes to read and I love hearing her and her brother talk about books that they have both read. She is a great babysitter and a wonderful older sister. She likes the color pink, pizza and collects anything to do with turtles.
When thinking of Emma's spiritual talent, the word that comes to mind is consistency. She is consistent in her personal scripture study. Last year, when doing a family home evening lesson on writing in journals, she committed to write each night and has done so ever since. She is consistent in her courage to choose the right and set a good example for her friends, even when it's hard. For example, she decided not to watch PG-13 movies. When a friend from school and her mother took Emma to the movie theater, the only movie to watch was rated PG-13. Emma said she did not want to see it. They then went to blockbuster and with Emma's encouragement the family selected a movie rated PG that they could watch together. We are proud of Emma's consistency and know the Lord is blessing her because of it.
Emma was born in Orem, Utah. She was a happy baby doing everything right on time. I’m glad I had more kids or I would have thought parenting babies and toddlers was a piece of cake. When she was two she insisted on watching the movie Beauty and the Beast everyday for an entire year. She is a good student and plays the piano. She loves to sing and dance. She likes to read and I love hearing her and her brother talk about books that they have both read. She is a great babysitter and a wonderful older sister. She likes the color pink, pizza and collects anything to do with turtles.
When thinking of Emma's spiritual talent, the word that comes to mind is consistency. She is consistent in her personal scripture study. Last year, when doing a family home evening lesson on writing in journals, she committed to write each night and has done so ever since. She is consistent in her courage to choose the right and set a good example for her friends, even when it's hard. For example, she decided not to watch PG-13 movies. When a friend from school and her mother took Emma to the movie theater, the only movie to watch was rated PG-13. Emma said she did not want to see it. They then went to blockbuster and with Emma's encouragement the family selected a movie rated PG that they could watch together. We are proud of Emma's consistency and know the Lord is blessing her because of it.