Sunday, March 6, 2011

Happy Birthday!

My 37th birthday was terrific. The week started off with my friend, Jane Farnsworth, taking me out to lunch. After lunch she came back to my house and made a dry flower arrangement for me. I had gone to the silk flower market a few weeks earlier to pick out the vase and flowers and then she put it together. She is so talented! On my b-day John made omelets for breakfast and surprised me with flowers and thoughtful gifts. I helped in James’ class in the morning grading papers. My visiting teacher and good friend, Becky Nicol, brought me a huge bouquet of tulips. For lunch I met John at a Japanese restaurant, close to his work (we ate long noodles -- a Chinese b-day tradition for good luck and a long life). For dinner our family went to Pizza Hut. I felt so loved when I checked my facebook and saw so many sweet birthday wishes. I also appreciated the cards, phone calls and email messages. It really was a perfect b-day!


Jane with the finished product.


Chocolate b-day cake!
Posted by Picasa