James left at 6:30 this morning for his week-long middle school trip to Xian to see the Terracotta Warriors. He called me at noon from the Xian airport to say they had landed and he was already having a great time. I took Emma to school today just before lunch for her trip to Yangshuo. I felt silly having tears in my eyes saying goodbye, but these are such GOOD KIDS, and I’ll miss them even for one week.
The photographer that works with Eliza a lot said he would take pictures of Emma and James, after one of Eliza’s Saturday jobs -- just for fun. Emma and James brought a few outfits and were surprised that someone was there to do their hair and make-up. The pictures turned out well. They told Emma they would love to use her but that she was too tall for the clothing jobs they contract to do. She felt good to be “too tall” for once! They liked James' big ears, the Chinese say that is a sign of wisdom and that most Chinese bosses have big ears.
