Monday, September 26, 2011

School Activities

Last year Emma’s homeroom teacher, Ms. Smith, was asked by the principal to teach the middle school  “Chapel Group” this year.  This class elective meets several times a week for one semester.  The students in the class plan and conduct the monthly middle school assemblies known as “Chapel” for the 5th-8th grade student body.  Ms. Smith jokingly told Emma that she agreed to teach the class only if Emma would sign up.  Emma cheerfully agreed and signed up for the class -- even though there were other electives she wanted to take (yearbook, photography, and a dance class).  There are a total of eight girls in the class.  Last Friday was their first Chapel.  I sat in the back of the auditorium with two other moms.  The girls did such a great job bringing school spirit as well as giving a great devotional.  They had made two videos, one to an EFY song and one about not being a bully, and they performed a skit.  I only took one picture, because I was videoing.  I’ll use the videos for FHE tonight.
Emma (2nd from the right) with the middle school "Chapel group"

Eliza started girl scouts last week!

James just finished a great season of Rugby.


Tessa and Eliza "watching" one of James' rugby games.

Posted by Picasa