Our branch has so many Activity Day age girls (ages 8-11). This is a picture of one of their activities in Ocotber. Tessa absolutely loves going. I am grateful that the church has great programs for our kids and youth.
October 14th was our High School Autumn choir concert. James had a solo and this was Eliza’s first HS choir concert. We attend a lot of choir concerts.
Mia’s preschool went all out for their Halloween Party this year. They rented a space at a local Bio Farm. The teachers spent hours decorating. When I walked in I thought I was in a Pinterest picture. They had a costume parade, carnival games and face painting. I am still shocked that I have re-entered the world of preschool activiites and playdates...
These are two boys in Mia’s class that are so nice to her (Zander Harrowell and Aiden Chen).
Mia was happy to get her face painted like a rabbit. She was wearing a Hawaiian outfit and didn’t want to take off her jacket so no one could tell what she was. For our branch trunk-or-treat that weekend she was the Disney princess from Brave. Eliza was an ice-cream cone. Tessa was a witch. I didn’t get a picture of James but he put on a Mexican Vest and enjoyed taking Mia around the neighbor for more candy.
I am including this picture so I don’t forget all the farewell lunches I attend. One of the hardest things about being an ex-pat is all the goodbyes. But one of the best things is all the wonderful people you get to meet. This goodbye lunch was for my friend Augusta (4th on the left in red). She is from Holland and I met her my first month in Shanghai. She has been attending my Zumba classes for six years. She always has a smile and was so supportive when we started fostering Mia. She has fostered dozens of babies just out of surgery. These babies are less than one year old and have already been placed and matched for adoption. She graciously would provide a home and love for them before the families fly over to adopt. She was such a light and example to me.







