On Thursday when I dropped James and Eliza off at Youth Conference I was nervous because they really didn’t know anyone. I prayed they would have a good experience. They had good attitudes and seemed ready to make new friends. They were divided up into seven groups and stayed at members' homes. On Friday I volunteered to help serve dinner at the park. It was great to see them smiling and having fun.
I was there when they took a group picture so I snapped one with my phone. Eliza is the 4th from the left, James is directly in the center with a girl touching his chin. Looks like a great group of youth!
The theme of the conference was Seeking the Sacred. That same weekend our stake had assembled a replica of Moses’ Tabernacle on the Stake Center property. They invited the community and it was well attended. John, Tessa, Mia and I visited the tabernacle on Friday. On Sunday the stake held a special fireside where a BYU professor of Hebrew Bible and the Dead Sea Scrolls, Donald Parry, spoke. Every room in the church had beautiful displays about temples and family history. The stake’s goal for the year is to bring everyone to the temple.
I didn’t get a good picture of the front of the tabernacle. It was handcrafted and brought from a stake in California. The guided tour we took was very informative.
The rooms in the church were done so professionally. Looks like we have a very creative stake.
Mia had fun playing with all the interactive family history displays.





