Monday, January 26, 2009

Barack

The elementary school arranged  for all the students to watch President  Obama's inaugural speech on Tuesday, January 20th.  Emma said they watched for three hours.  Eliza said it was so boring she was glad they could at least color during it!  I had the TV on for most of the day here at home as I cleaned the house and did laundry.  It is definitely a day that will go down in history.  It is fun to see all the excitement and Hollywood hooplah portrayed on TV, but then I feel like I need the real story.  I am still going through Glenn Beck withdrawals.  John got a new lease car two weeks ago (Red, Ford Fusion) with six free months of Satellite radio, where he can listen to Glenn on his drive home from work.  I beg him to just give me the highlights when he gets home from work.   He usually will when I say , "Do you want me to rely on Oprah for my political news?"  Why Fox News doesn't come with a basic cable package is maddening.  And I can't reason spending $69 a month to upgrade.

Just FYI: I think James is the only person I know who doesn't like the new car smell!