Last week Eliza won six tickets from the Summit (the recreation center where I teach) to see a comedy show at our local theater Friday night (January 23rd). We were told it was family friendly so we were planning on making it a family night out. But Friday morning I looked at the website and found out that the show started at 8pm and was for adults. The website said: "PLEASE BE ADVISED: ADULT LANGUAGE AND SUBJECT MATTER may be a part of this show. Material may not be suitable for some audiences." We changed our plans and decided that just my friend, Lu Krohn and I would go. She saw an advertisement for it and assured me that Emma and her daughter Sophie would be OK to see it too. So off we went, James begged and came along as well. I was really nervous when we saw only four or five other kids in the audience. I had the kids on high alert that we would sneak out if it got inappropriate. The comedian was Ryan Hamilton and it turns out he is a Mormon! Totally clean comedy. We laughed through the whole thing. When we came home James retold all the jokes to John. Now I wish we would have gotten a babysitter so John could have come too. Ryan is from Idaho and had some hilarious jokes that John would have appreciated!
To make it up to Eliza, the Krohns bought tickets to see West Side Story this Friday and they invited Eliza to come along!