After saying goodbye to my parents we went to Singapore for a few days. Uncle Brad and Aunt Cheri picked us up at the airport. We ate Carls’ Jr for lunch then headed back to their place.
That night we went to the Night Safari. This was John's favorite thing we did in Singapore. It was really crowded but fun.
Saturday we spent all day at Universal Studios (Emma and James' favorite). Again, really crowded, but I think we rode every ride.
Sunday it was nice to attend church with Uncle Brad and Aunt Cheri. A new convert, baptized on Christmas, shared his testimony in sacrament meeting. We then saw the mission office and the kids were impressed with the room stacked high with Books of Mormon. We also saw our parents’ picture on the missionary board. They fixed us a very nice chicken and rice dinner.
Monday we swam in their pool until noon. That afternoon Tessa had a doctor’s appointment. We were able to get six months of her medication. Emma had very painful sun blisters on her ear from the day at Universal so the doctor gave her a cream and antibiotic as well. Tessa was brave getting her blood taken, so she got McDonald's for dinner. Uncle Brad and Aunt Cheri took us out to eat for Chinese food. It was delicious.
Tuesday we spent all day at the Zoo. I really love the Singapore Zoo! Then we went to dinner with our Shanghai friends, the Woons, who now live in Singapore. Emma was brave and went to the stake New Years Eve dance with one of their daughters, Eleanor. While she was at the dance we drank sparkling cider with Uncle Brad and Aunt Cheri and said Happy New Year and Jackrabbit at 10pm.
Up at 4am on Wednesday to head to the airport. We landed in Shanghai at 2:30 in the afternoon, but our luggage didn't make it. We got home and took down the Christmas decorations since we didn't need to unpack. Thursday afternoon our luggage arrived. Friday I took James to the orthodontist to see about braces for his bottom teeth. He will get them early June since he still has one tooth that hasn't completely grown in yet. While I was there I asked about my bottom teeth. She said she could put 8 brackets on and in about six months they should be straight. Crazy -- but I said yes and one hour later I left with 6 bottom braces and two clear brackets on top. They are uncomfortable and it is hard to eat, but Emma said I will get used to it.
President and Sister Mains (Uncle Brad and Aunt Cheri)