Sunday, February 2, 2014

Thanksgiving weekend

Thanksgiving makes us homesick.  We try to keep busy that weekend with memorable things. We were invited to a potluck Thanksgiving feast at the Calton’s house Thursday night—Duck Dynasty themed.  James and John dressed up.  I made two jello salads and a pecan pie.  All of the food was delicious, and it was fun to be with close friends.  

The next day John and I went on an overnight retreat with his Ford department.  They loaded up two huge buses and drove to a location about 3 hours away called Tian Mu Lake.  It was beautiful and had amazing hot springs.  I enjoyed the ones with Chinese herbs the best.  Sunday after church we had another Thanksgiving feast at the Johnsons (our family in Shanghai), and again the food was delicious! 

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3811/12259410686_44103c9819.jpg

After a Thanksgiving feast at the Calton’s house.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5547/12258842155_6155797268.jpg

Tian Mu Lake

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2866/12258851445_15710263cc.jpg
Celebrating Thanksgiving at the Johnson’s