On Saturday, March 1st, we had a district youth talent show. John found a waffle caterer online that was willing to come and make us 200 delicious waffles! I was so impressed with the youth and their willingness to share their talents. The acts included drums, solving the Rubik's cube, dancing, magic tricks, singing, piano, harp…a ton of fun!
Emma’s young women's group did a lip sync to “What Does the Fox Say?"
Emma sang and played the ukulele with three friends. She also sang and played “Jar of Hearts” on the piano.
We needed some fillers so John had his YM do “scout skits” between the acts and they were a big hit.
James played Jon Schmidt's “Dumb Song” on the piano.
My district young women’s calling keeps me busy. Last weekend we had district conference and we held a youth family history devotional that afternoon. We are busy now planning a youth Trek in Beijing with four other China districts. It has taken a lot of Sunday evening conference calls and loads of emails to plan, but it is coming together nicely and will be an experience of a lifetime for those that attend. James is looking forward to it. Unfortunately, Emma and I can’t attend because it is the same weekend as the “Wizard of Oz.” I can’t believe how much fun I am having choreographing for the high school musical. It has been great to do it with Emma (who is the dance captain). I am so impressed with the talented and respectful HS students in the play. They will put on an amazing production the end of April.
March 7th the HS had a talent show (Cabaret) where Emma performed a song she wrote called, “My Summer Breeze.” The next week she got an email from her choir teacher saying she had made it into “Tri-M” which is the High School’s Music Honor Society. Last Tuesday night I attended the National Honor Society induction ceremony. Emma is now in both NHS and Tri-M.
Emma left for NYC on Wednesday with her choir of 16 students. They will perform in the Lincoln Center tomorrow. They have already seen three musical (Once, Aladdin, and Wicked), visited many NYC sites and get to see Newsies on Monday night. She emails us every night with so much excitement. We miss her and can’t wait to get her back.