Once the seniors graduate and exams are over our High School and Middle school offer a week of “explorations" for the students. The students pick from a list of classes they can participate in. Eliza picked photography, gymnastics and show choir. I came in for the show choir classes and choreographed a song they performed at the end of the week. James signed up for drone building, sewing, personal fitness and software coding.
James' drone can actually fly!
James sewed a pillow, a quilt (for an orphanage) and a very long snake. He signed up for this class with his friend Luke Miller — kind of as a joke. They were the only boys in the class and from the stories they tell I think they were the life of the party.
I was Tessa’s 3rd grade homeroom mom. For the end of year party I reserved the classroom kitchen and we made individual pizzas and played outdoor water games. This first picture is Tessa and Trinity reading me a thank you for being the room mom. The gift the teacher gave me was a bag of Starbucks Coffee. Tessa was so concerned and felt bad that I received a gift that I couldn’t use.
Tessa has had a great school year. She has stayed healthy and strong and worked hard. All of her teachers and friend’s parents are so impressed with how gentle and loving she is. Tessa is pulled out of class once a week to receive extra math help. That teacher, Mrs Ashwin, is moving this summer and when she hugged Tessa goodbye she could’t hold back the tears. A few weeks ago Tessa had a playdate with Angie. Angie’s mom texted me: "Tessa is the best friend to everyone because she is so nice and good and never argues.” On the last day of school Zach’s mom texted me: “I absolutely loved Tessa’s goodbye note to Zach. It was so sweet and made me cry. So glad they got to be good buddies this year and in the same class!” I hope Tessa can always keep this kind gentle heart!






