Happy Year of the Rabbit!
We celebrated the Chinese New Year this week in Cambodia. We landed in Siem Reap where the weather was 85 degrees. I asked our driver if it was going to rain during our stay and he said, “No, it won’t rain again until August.” We bought three day passes to the temples where we spent each morning. I was amazed at how well the kids hiked and climbed. At noon we would go back to our hotel, swim until 3:00, visit more sites, eat dinner at restaurants along Pub Street and shop at the night markets. Our first night we ate local Khmer food, a buffet, while watching an Apsara dance show. We only made it through ½ the show until the kids were really restless. Thankfully Emma agreed to babysit two of the nights so John and I could enjoy more of the local food (the kids preferred KFC and pizza).
It was a very relaxing and beautiful vacation. Now that our kids are older I can actually read on the plane and by the pool. What a treat!! On this trip, I read the book “Red Scarf Girl” by Ji Li Jiang, which Emma read in school last semester -- a true story of the Cultural Revolution. Add it to your book club reading!
We took over 200 pictures...so sit back and relax!
Entering Angkor Wat
