Sunday, February 6, 2011

Eliza's trip highlights

"Emma, Tessa and I got our own room at the hotel. We stayed up late most nights watching Animal Planet or cartoons. We went to an ice-cream place called the “Blue Pumpkin.” My favorite ice-cream there was peanut flavor. We went to a really poor school that is on the water. The building is called a floating school. We took a boat there. Lots of people live on the floating village because it is free to live there. There are 70 students, most orphans. My mom knew we were going there so we brought markers, notebooks and candy for them from home. I loved giving them the candy. By all the big temples the children were selling bracelets. They were cheap so I bought tons of them to give to my friends back home. I loved swimming in the hotel pool each day. I made friends with two girls from England at our hotel, we met at the pool three of the days. The last day we had four hours before we had to go to the airport so we all got an hour foot massage. It was so relaxing."


Eliza at the Bayon temple


Swimming at the hotel


Eliza and Emma at the Night Market


Foot massage
Posted by Picasa