(Emma wrote this blog entry)
A couple months ago I tried out for the middle school play at our school. It was for all 7th and 8th graders. I had no idea what I was getting into! Auditions were on Monday, and we got our parts by Friday. I got the part of a dwarf. So every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday after school I would head to the drama teacher's classroom for play practice. He wrote the play! The play was about two middle school students who are brainstorming ideas for a play they have to write for drama class. They waited until the last night, so they have to write a whole play in one night!
I was in one of the “brainstorms” and I got to hold a giant teddy bear, sing and dance to a song to the tune of Lady Gaga’s “Poker face” and yell at a beaver. The play was hilarious, and even after listening to it like 10 million times, we all still laughed at it. Show week was probably the best week in my life. Every day until 9pm we would be at school, in full costume and make-up, acting our hearts out. I loved it. James was by my biggest fan. He came all four nights of our performances and by the end had most of the lines memorized! I loved being in this play and can’t wait to do another one next year. Tomorrow starts our second semester of the school year. I will have drama instead of choir. I loved choir but am super excited for a drama class!
